Mission and Educational Philosophy
Al Basma British School students receive a robust, creative, vibrant, academic challenging and inspiring 21st Century education, making the schooling years an enjoyable time filled with rich and memorable experiences, preparing them for life. Each student’s unique skills and talents are released and enhanced in an environment of care and mutual respect; one that promotes resilience, confidence, self-esteem and self-management skills.
Al Basma British School is a healthy, safe environment within which students can enjoy learning, make progress and achieve high standards. They will be encouraged to participate fully in school life and make a positive contribution to the school and wider community, ultimately becoming successful, motivated, well-adjusted adults who achieve economic well-being. We will measure our success against these outcomes.
In a culture of collaboration and co-operation where students are taught to value diversity, our students are encouraged to work individually and with each other. Students will also be encouraged to be thinkers, creators and self-directed learners, respectful of others, and display positive behaviour and attitudes at all times.
- We aspire to be a global community of thinkers, creators, innovators and leaders who will have a positive impact on the world of tomorrow.
- To achieve the vision, we will inspire our students to thrive as global citizens within a happy, positive and respectful environment.
- To provide inspirational learning opportunities for all
- To instill academic rigour and success
- To develop well-rounded bilingual students
- To ensure effective links with parents and home learning
- To use innovative technology effectively
- To embrace UAE identity and values
- To provide a world-class yet affordable British education to families in the local and international communities of Abu Dhabi